Thursday, July 07, 2005

4 (four) pages from the heart

Page 1 of 4

I don't know my blood.
The people that share my heart makes tears fall
I run away a lot while problems follow
I'll swallow my pride to fix a problem
Smiles stay on my face in an oppressive atmosphere,
I am broken inside
Unique by decisions, similar by experience
I am not alone but fight alone because I can't tell who's who
Different activities to satisfy my different personalities
Confliction and contradiction arise as I try to be true

As I walk pass some, so I won't have to fight all battles
Survival is prioritize, being a friend is not
Social and isolated, bold and timid
Overall humble, overall angry because I
Feel self-vulnerability to everyone else, being their prisoner
Tangible solutions for intangible problems
Alcohol for emotions, drugs for hurt
And death for life, I watch them leave and I stay
but only to help another survive
The generation next needs me, I believe as I advocate for improvement
I scream my lungs out to allow fairness to be heard
and stand and wait
and write and write to make right

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home