Thursday, July 07, 2005

Page 3 of 4

Looking in the mirror, I am blind to the past of the past of the land of my homeland
as everyone fills it's history with ignorant stereotypes
Then I'm stereotyped and I believe I'm less,
a mess, and care less about myself.
But I learn to learn that people lie and the truth is another lie
So I define what is real by myself in order to end confusion by conflicting data

And friends I have a lot of, and drama I see a lot of
fixing their problems to somehow stop my hurt
as I ignore my problems and give attention to theirs
Names, labels, and words used to identify myself prove a false perspection of who am really am
I get called African-American more than smart, or loving, and caring
African American are called lazy, evil, and unremorseful
And I,..........
While it's not true for me but does create hatred in me for invisible oppression I see
I wake up to see the sun shine and began to smile because I see the sun shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home